COVID-19 UPDATE | 4 JUNE 2021 - Regional Victoria running rallies & competitions
4 JUNE 2021 - COVID-19 UPDATE
REGIONAL VICTORIA – RUNNING RALLIES & COMPETITIONS
The Victorian Government announced on Wednesday, 2 June 2021, that the state-wide Circuit Breaker Lockdown will be extended for Metropolitan Melbourne with some easing of restrictions for Regional Victoria.
With no community transmission in regional Victoria this week, regional restrictions were eased from 11:59pm, 3 JUNE 2021. The restrictions allow for Community Sport to resume with restrictions on numbers, group sizes and density quotients. Please see the following information on running equestrian activities under the current restrictions:
- Pony Clubs affiliated with Pony Club Victoria that are based in NSW should follow NSW COVID restrictions.
- Melbourne Metropolitan based Pony Club cannot conduct any equestrian activities that are face to face. Online get together encouraged.
Indoor Sport & Recreation facilities
- Closed, no indoor equestrian activities
Outdoor physical recreation (Pony Club)
- A maximum participant cap of 50 people per venue.
- Group sizes to a maximum of 10 people.
- Density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm applies.
- Community sport (training & competition): Permitted for children.
- Community sport (training) Permitted for adults.
General conditions for return to equestrian activities
- Face masks must be carried at all times and must be worn indoors. You do not need to wear a mask in your own home or if a lawful exception applies.
- Face masks are required outdoors where physical distancing of 1.5m cannot be maintained, for example, at a busy open-air market.
Participation in rallies and coaching activities
- Rallies & Coaching can be conducted for both children and adults, following conditions apply:
- Any person who ordinarily resides in Metropolitan Melbourne is not permitted to attend a rally or coaching in Regional Victoria.
- No more than 50 participants can be at a venue, the venue must support density quotients of 1 person per 4sqm.
- Group sizes should be kept to 10 participants
- Support staff should be kept to the minimum number to safely conduct the activity.
- Carers, parents and guardians may attend to support the participation of a child or a person with a disability, are permitted to attend the venue.
- Where possible equipment is not shared by anyone.
- Any shared or handled equipment is cleaned between users. Eg showjumping poles.
- Where possible a group of people is assigned to manage equipment for the duration of the activity.
- General spectators are not permitted
Participation in competitions (18yrs and under only)
- Any person who ordinarily resides in Metropolitan Melbourne is not permitted to attend a competition in Regional Victoria.
- Competition can only be conducted for participants aged 18yrs or under
- All other conditions above apply.
- Must be closed unless access is required to access toilets or pass through the indoor space to access an outdoor space.
- Committee members may access the clubrooms if required to conduct the event. Access should be limited to no more than two committee members.
For a detailed overview, see the Table of Restrictions and visit the Coronavirus website to learn more about these changes.