COVID UPDATE | 25 MAY 2021
Changes to COVIDSafe restrictions from 6PM, Tuesday 25 MAY 2021
25 MAY 2021
The State Government in response to the cases of COVID-19 detected in Victoria announced changes to the COVIDSafe measures across Greater Melbourne to help keep Victorians safe.
These minor restrictions will come into effect for Greater Melbourne residents from 6pm, Tuesday 25 MAY 2021:
- Masks must be worn indoors unless exemptions apply
- Private gatherings in the home will be limited to 5 visitors per day, public gatherings will be limited to 30 people and face masks will need to be worn indoors, unless an exemption applies. The face mask requirement applies to everyone aged 12 years and older.
- Schools and workplaces will remain open with the current restrictions that are in place. Depending on the workplace, this includes COVIDSafe measures and in some cases, a density requirement. There are no changes to existing density rules.
- Victorians who live in Greater Melbourne and need to travel to regional Victoria can still do so however, the restrictions travel with them.
- Victorians visiting regional Victoria from Melbourne will also need to wear a face mask when indoors even when outside of metropolitan Melbourne, unless an exemption applies.
- if you visit someone outside of metropolitan Melbourne, they must not have more than five visitors to their home in that day. If you attend a public gathering outside of Greater Melbourne, it must not be bigger than 30 people.
- Use of the Service Victoria QR code service will still be mandatory in all venues and facilities required to have mandatory electronic record-keeping from Friday, 28 May.
As soon as we have further information we will advise all members via email, on our website and Facebook page.