Victorian Government QR Code Service
About the Victorian Government QR Code Service
The Victorian Government QR Code Service is free for all Victorian businesses, organisations, clubs and events. These records help contact tracers.
Victoria moves to further relax COVIDSafe settings from 11:59pm on Friday 9 April 2021.
These changes are designed to balance getting Victorians back to doing the things they love while keeping in place measures to protect all that Victorians have worked so hard for.
Record keeping continues to be an important tool for helping Victoria stay safe and stay open.
All of the following venues and facilities must use the free Victorian Government QR Service or Victorian Government Application Programming Interface linked digital record keeping system from March 26 (a 28-day compliance amnesty will be in place to 23 April 2021):
- Hospitality (including food and drink facilities, such as cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars, clubs and hotels).
- Indoor physical recreation and community sport (including staffed and unstaffed gyms, play centres, indoor skateparks and indoor trampolining centres)
- Outdoor physical recreation and community sport facilities
- Pools, spas, saunas, steam rooms and springs (indoor and outdoor spaces, including water or non-water part)
- Ceremonies and religious gatherings (including places of worship)
- Weddings: Record keeping requirements as per the venue where the wedding is held.
- Funerals: Record keeping requirements as per the venue where the funeral is held.
- Community venues and facilities including libraries and toy libraries (not including outdoor skate parks, playgrounds, and other outdoor communal areas)
- Creative arts facilities
- Real estate inspections and auctions
- Seated entertainment venues (indoors and outdoors)
- Indoor non-seated venues (such as galleries)
- Outdoor non-seated entertainment venues (such as Zoos, live museums)
- Arcades, escape rooms, bingo centres
- Drive-In cinemas
- Amusement parks
- Gaming (casinos, gaming machine areas, retail betting venues)
- Adult entertainment (brothels, sex on premises venues, sexually explicit entertainment)
- Hairdressing, beauty and personal care services
- Accommodation (visitors in shared, communal spaces)
- Commercial tourism operators including, but not limited to:
- Guided tours of museums, galleries, historic locations
- Adventure sports (ballooning, abseiling, rock climbing, canoeing, kayaking,)
- Marine based tours (kayaking, scuba, fishing, surfing)
- Commercial passenger vehicles (28-day compliance amnesty period was completed on 26 March 2021).
For supermarkets, markets, retail and shopping centres, it is highly recommended.
All other venues and businesses not on this list are encouraged to use the free Victorian Government QR Code Service or the Victorian Government API (Application Programming Interface) to record keep.
For more information on record keeping visit the Record keeping for contact tracing - information for business page.